Friday, September 26, 2008

The Journey which lies ahead



This is my #2 daughter Melinda. Isn't she beautiful? We are all waiting to hear what the Doctors found with the biopsy they performed on her this last wednesday.

They found a lump on her thyroid and did an ultra sound and also found another one on the other side that they said had them worried. I think the unknown is harder than actually knowing what her journey will be.

Melinda has always shown such strength. When she was in high school I bet her $100. if she stayed away from sugar for 1 year. I seriously did not think she took me serious. Well she not only took me serious but actually found creative ways to accomplish this goal (sugar free candies she could suck on). I was amazed at her strength, when we had family parties she was fine not indulging in the sweet treats. I remember even saying, "You are so strong, I don't know how you are doing this" I even offered that she could have a sweet treat and we would still call it good.

There was no way-she was determined and she did it!! She won the $100.

I have seen her strength and the power of self control she has when she sets her mind to do something. This will be no different. What ever the outcome she will win and fight and beat what ever lies ahead of her, and she will be supported by everyone that loves her.

She is an important part of our family her brother and sisters look up to her. Melinda is always there for any of us, she is honest, a great friend, and listener, an amazing mom, sister and daughter.

Melinda we love you!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Melinda is an amazing person. I hope everything is OK with her, but if not I know she will fight whatever comes her way. I remember the bet, I couldn't believe that she was going to do it. I love her and we are praying for her!

Kassie said...

I don't know Melinda but Yes I think she's beautiful and I send her good vibes and prayers...just in case.
I know YOU and I think she might get some of her will-power and determination from you.