Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MS 150 Logan UT June 2008

WOW...My first year to ever be on a bike team. Actually to have ever been road biking before. I found out about the MS150 and what a great cause it was. So many peoples lives have been effected by this disease. Each member of our team had to raise at least $250.00 some raised more than that. Then we were to ride 45 - 75 -100 miles in Logan Utah. We had 57 total that signed up and 45 that showed up to ride.

What a great feeling it was to be able to ride my first century (100miles) and add my donation to help find a cure for this devastating disease.

We had great team all the members really supported one another. Some of us camped out the night before the ride, it was fun getting to know everyone.

My husband Doug is my best friend and always supports me in everything that I do. He met me at one of the rest stops and rubbed my feet (only for a few minutes) then I was off to complete my last 30-40 miles.

The mountains, the trees, the sky, the lakes, the sounds, the smells, were beautiful and amazing. What a gift this world is to each one of us. This life is our journey, and we choose what and how we will live it. As I live each day it becomes more evident to take the time we need to make each and every day count. We never know when we will breathe our last breath or be able to have the physical ability to enjoy the wonders that surround us.

I hope we will all grasp and take a hold of every opportunity we can to help those around us. Especially our families. I want to thank each one in my family. When I told them of my decision to do this ride, without hesitation each one said, " I know you can do it".

Thanks to my family they are my strength and my support. I love them with all my heart.

0 comments: